Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Random Musings
 
LOL...youtube has a drama unfolding right now. About three weeks ago, this chick showed up on my feed and I watched her video about being homeless in a car and subscribed.
Within a week...this "brand new channel" had like 40k subs (and now is up to 81k). Her whole sob story was that she had a full-time job but couldn't afford the expensive rents in Ventura, so she was living in her car.
Of course, I was pretty freaking jealous watching all of this...but she kept saying Jesus this, Jesus that, so I told myself to stop being a hater, and resigned myself to the fact that God is giving her a platform, but not me.
She started getting all of these donations. After about a week, she quit her job and moved her car to LA where she was going to be a full-time youtuber.
She started staying in super nice hotels and went shopping for a Mercedes van. She started calling her following "watermelons" and randomly met a youtube producer after chasing down his sandwich bag in a Starbucks.
She now says she never ever thought about being an actress, but that must be what GOD wants.
I think it was about when she went to the Benz dealership that people started to go....hmmmm... Now she has multiple channels on high-alert trying to expose her grift.
Her comment section went from "we feel for you," to "we have been scammed." ALL WITHIN THE MONTH OF AUGUST!!
This shit is highly entertaining. Now there are people all over the internet trying to figure out who this chick is and she has no socials...only a yt and a patreon that charges like $983/mo.
OMG! And, for me, lesson learned. Just bc they SAY they are for God does not necessarily mean they are.
UA-38999240-1